Are you a company/office that has an eco-project or an intention to be a responsible global citizen by going Green but don’t have an idea how to begin or how take it forward from where you are? Are you wondering how to take your company/office to the next level of sustainability?
What is Lean & Green?
Two themes that will be integral to Operational Excellence in the near future are –Lean and Green. Both are focused on reducing/ eliminating waste – while Lean focuses on the classical eight wastes (mudas), green focuses on five environmental wastes (hazards).
Lean & Green movement is the future direction for enlightened organizations. Green, as a critical global/ survival issue;Lean– as a critical operational strategy. When applied to offices: Leanstreamlines business processes, improves teamwork, enhances productivity & increases efficiency;while Green helps improve the environment for self & fellow citizens,elevates us to a socially responsible enterprise, helps reduce costs & enhances our corporate image!
Why Green Office?
- Be socially responsible citizens
- Good for the environment
- Healthier place to work
- Practice what we preach
- Conserve non renewable resources
- Lower recurring utility bills
- Provide lead for an emerging trend
- Prove that small or big – all offices can be ‘Green’
Why combine Lean with Green?
A research finding by EPA concludes:
- Powerful economic and competitiveness drivers behind lean, help create a willingness to undertake substantial operational and cultural changes – many of which have important environmental performance implications as well.
- Lean produces an operational and cultural environment conducive to waste minimization and pollution prevention.
- Lean typically results in less material use, less scrap, reduced water and energy use, and decreases number and amount of chemicals used.
- Lean provides an excellent platform for broadening companies’ definition of waste to address environmental risks and product life cycle considerations.
- Although Lean does produce some environmental side benefits, Lean methods do not explicitly incorporate environmental performance considerations, thereby foregoing several environmental improvement opportunities.
Therefore, combining Green with Lean allows Lean to be leveraged to produce significantly higher environmental improvements.
Why partner with Kaizen Institute?
- Kaizen Institute has built India’s first LEED Gold certified (by US Green Building Council) small office in Pune, India.
- Kaizen Institute’s India team has developed a know-how & do-how based body of knowledge, entitled TEM (Total Environment Management). KIhelps client organizations from manufacturing & service sectors in reducing their carbon footprint; & hopefully, aim to become carbon neutral one day.
- Kaizen Institute is launching‘Lean & Green Office Live’ tour. This tour covers a visit to KAIZEN™ Insitute’s functioning Lean & Green office; includes theoritical inputs on both aspects – application of Lean, & application of Green – in an office environment. This tour is designed to be a catalyst for companies using large office facilities -whether in IT, ITES, Insurance, Banking, Education, Government or manufacturing sectors.
- Kaizen Institute India provides implementation support for transformation to Lean Offices using KI’s proprietaryTSM (Total Service Management) model, This model consists of Six Levels – indicated in the picture below:
“Don’t curse the darkness, Instead light a candle”
from Desperation to Inspiration……
from Fat to Lean…..
LEAN & GREEN (Office Live)